Monday, April 12, 2010

Smiths

I made a last minute change: I decided to get flour at Smiths instead of Maceys. I'm just lazy! I really like having the flour in the 5 pound bags. I have the buckets to store the bulk stuff but because my house is so small, they have to go under the stairs behind the dog kennel and it's just a pain to refill my flour, or anything else for that matter. If I have the bags I can leave out a few and not have to take my downstairs apart every time I need more flour. And that is my full and complete reasoning behind paying more for the flour. Because it matters and you care. Sorry.

If I were you, I would just go ahead and skip anything that has more than one line of text. Boring!


Retails: $78.25
Total Spent: $37.92
Percent Off: 52%

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that percents don't mean anything. What's important is your bottom line, what you're paying for each item. And yes, that does make me feel a little better about my crummy percentage, thanks for asking.

How did I do it?

Kroger Mandarin Oranges, reg. $.69
- case lot price: $.33 each (have to buy case of 24 for price)

Gold Medal Flour, 5 lb bags, reg. $2.69
- case lot price: $1.35 (have to buy case of 8 for price)

Kroger Chicken Broth, reg. $.89
- case lot price: $.50 (have to buy case of 24 for price. I split mine with sisters)

Cross Rib Roast, Super Saver's pack, reg. $3.49
- $1.99/lb (I'm halving both roasts to get 2 roasts out of each one)

Rump Roast, Super Saver's pack, reg. $3.99
- $1.99/lb

Disposable Cake Pans with lids, reg. $4
- on clearance $1 (these were with the Easter clearance and were marked $2. I took a chance and just had them scan them and they rang up $1 each. These make perfect tins to take dinner to neighbors)

Rolls, reg. $1.29
- on clearance $.59


Money Left for the Month: $36.55

1 comment:

  1. I have some awesome tupperware containers for flour and sugar. They each hold a 10 pound bag worth, and they are the exact depth of my cupboard, which makes them way easy to use. I have another one for my rice, and a 4th that I'm trying to decide what to put in it.
    BTW, if you happen to have extra room in your freezer you can keep your flour in it. It's really handy for those 5 lb bags, and there's NO chance of getting weavles.

    ReplyDelete