Monday, April 5, 2010

kmart doubles

This week KMart is doubling coupons! Sweet! I called my local KMart here in Provo and found out that we ARE participating, miracle of all miracles, even though there was no info in our ad on Sunday.

There are a few rules, mostly one and that is you get 5 double coupons per day per person. I was lucky enough to have my sister and brother in law with me and they ran through a few for me. If you go and do this, make sure you grab a membership rewards card (free) first and have them scan that. Otherwise the registers won't double the coupons. They will double only the first 5 you scan, so if you're buying more with coupons be careful the order you give them to the cashier. Also they double coupons up to $2. Anything bigger than that they won't double. I heard that Kmart wasn't allowing multiple coupons for the same product, but my sister bought 4 John Frieda shampoo and conditioners and it went through just fine.


Retails: $35.95
Total Spent: $8.80
Percent Off: 76%

How did I do it?

Pedigree Dentastix, All Natural, reg. $3.99
- used $2 coupon from 2/14 RP newspaper
- FREE

Del Monte Fruit Chillers, reg. $2.99
- used $1 coupon from here
- $.99

Kelloggs Fruit Snacks, reg. $2.79
- on sale $2
- used $1 coupon from here
- FREE

Huggies Wipes, reg. $2.99
- used $.50 coupon from 3/21 SS newspaper
- $1.99 each (not a killer price, but I NEED WIPES)

Campbells Cream of Chicken Soup, reg. $1.49
- used $1/2 coupon from here
- $.49 each

Hat and Gloves, reg. $3.99
- on clearance $.99

Also, my sister did this one:
John Freida hair products, reg. $5.99-$6.29
- on sale, Buy One Get One 50% off
- used $2 coupon from 3/7 SS newspaper
- $.50 each when you buy 2

compiled list from:


Money Left for the Month: $86.24

2 comments:

  1. are you going back everyday? Or are they generally out of stock of the freebies and cheapies? I feel lucky to be in an area not saturated with couponers for this event... stock is good enough that I'll be able to go back daily and get as many of the freebies and cheapies as I have coupons for. Its my first time with KMart doubles, since no one in Utah participated last year. You did great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie,

    I don't know how much I'll go back. There's not much more that I'm interested in. I'm pretty stocked on health/beauty stuff. Have fun in your Non-Coupon World. It sounds like heaven!

    ReplyDelete