Monday, February 1, 2010

January Budget Review


I'm not a regular grocery shopper. I buy stuff before I even need it, matching manufacturer coupons with store sales. This way I'm able to "shop" from my own pantry and pay a fraction of retail with items I use. No, we will not use all that bar soap this month, but we will use it this year. When I make meals for us, I menu plan around what we already have on our shelves and in the freezer. There are occasional items I have to pay full price for, but they are the exception as I build up my food storage with stuff we actually use, all for less then I used to spend just to get us by every month.


Not including WIC:

Retails: $520.36
Total Spent: $165.55
Percent Off: 68%

This month I was able to stock up on deodorant, paper towels, diapers, dog food, pastaroni, dish soap, butter, frozen veggies, granola bars, fruit snacks, rice snacks, meatball meal from IKEA, sugar, bar soap, noodles, yeast, rolaids, bandaids, laundry soap, cheese, tortillas, yogurt, potatoes, salsa, floss, rice, tucks pads, seasonings, tomato sauce and paste, flour, maraschino cherries, diced tomatoes, paper plates


WIC ITEMS
Retails: $81.77
Total Spent: FREE
thanks WIC!


1 comment:

  1. Great job Joy! Have you ever thought about keeping track of your time to see how long you spend each month?

    ReplyDelete