Thursday, February 11, 2010

Smiths

Ok, I know I have shopping issues. I've come to terms with that. Nothing makes me happier then to get a great deal at the grocery store. Pathetic? Yes. But yet, it is true. It is therapy for me and therapy needed as this child stubbornly refuses to be born. That being said...


Retails: $56.50
Total Spent: $13.33
Percent Off: 76%

How did I do it?

Smiths has another promotion on right now called the Daytona 500. When you buy 10 items you get $3 off instantly. In order to maximize saving, buy the items in multiples of 10. You can do more than one discount per transaction. Everything I bought was in the promotion except the Softsoap.

Purex Natural Essence 32 load laundry soap, reg. $3.99
- on sale $2.49/$2.19 with promotion
- used $.35 coupon from 1/10 RP newspaper (or use $.50 coupon: have to email coupon to self)
- $1.84 (or $1.69)
- PLUS when you buy 2, it prints a $4 catalina, like a gift card you can use on anything in the store in the next 2 weeks!
- MONEY MAKER: even though I make my own laundry soap, free is free.
Even if you don't do the promotion and buy 8 other items, if you use the $.50 coupon above then it's still free!

Campbells Chunky Soup, reg. $1.65
- on sale $1.30/$1
- $.50 each

Gatorade G2, reg. $1.10
- on sale $.99/$.69
- used $1/2 from 1/10 RP newspaper
- $.19 each

Reynolds Foil, 75 ft, reg. $4.59
- on sale $2.99/$2.69
- used $1.25 coupon from 1/31 SS newspaper (or $1 coupon)
- $1.44 each

Reynolds Parchment Paper, 30 ft, reg. $3.39
- on sale $2.99/$2.69
- used $1 coupon
- $1.69

Softsoap, reg. $1.69
- on sale $.88


I did this in 3 transactions so I could minimize my out of pocket and not have any catalinas left over. I bought 2 of the Purex with 8 other Daytona items. I then used the $4 catalina that printed for the Purex to help pay for 2 more Purex and 8 other Daytona items. I used the 2nd $4 catalina that printed from that 2nd transaction to pay for the Softsoaps.


I compiled my list from pinchingyourpennies GrocerySmarts list and thread

This sale ends Tuesday night.


Money Left for the Month: $36.61


Oh, and P.S.: As I was putting the groceries in the car one of the Purex fell out, the lid broke and about a 1/3 of it dumped all over the parking lot. Super fun. We got home and Sam 'investigated' the broken bottle and spilled another capful or so all over the floor. Good thing it was free!

1 comment:

  1. The Gatorade will be great for when you are in labour! I must have missed out on hearing about the Purex catalina, I'll have to go back to Smiths and do this sale again!

    I hope the baby comes soon. I know how uncomfortable those last few weeks can be - Both of mine went over their due dates!

    ReplyDelete