Thursday, February 25, 2010

Smiths


Retails: $48.13
Total Spent: $1.40
Percent Off: 97%

How did I do it?

Softsoap, reg. $1.69
- on sale $.88
- used $.50 coupon from March All You magazine
-$.38

Chicken Breast, 4 lbs, reg. $11.99
- on sale $5.99 ($1.50/lb)

Snickers, reg. $.79
- on sale $.50 each
- used $.50/2 coupon from 2/21 newspaper
- $.25 each

Smokies, reg. $2.99
- on clearance $.89

Paid with a $20 Prescription Voucher. This came in the mail a few weeks ago with a bunch of other Smiths coupons. I held on to it, knowing that I would need meds after the baby was born. When you fill a prescription, it puts a $20 credit on your Smiths card. You have to have the coupon and they will only do it 3 times with 3 different visits (only one credit per visit). You have to spend more than $20 too. But that just meant that I got $35 worth of chicken for free! And I filled another prescription today so I'll have another credit next time I go.

Also, the Snickers are for a KILLER salad (ha ha ha. Salad.) that my sister-in-law Mandi makes. It has 3 ingredients: Cool whip, snickers and apples. Mmmm.

compiled list from pinchingyourpennies

Money Left for the Month: $6.91

2 comments:

  1. Joy, your deals completely ASTOUND me!! I still watch your blog, even though we're not even close to UT anymore - you are the coupon queen! and ps - congrats on your new baby!! Hope things are going well with two. :)
    Lisa LaPierre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, can you tell me the amounts for that recipe? It sounds delicious.
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete