Monday, May 11, 2009

THIS is why I coupon

Sunday's paper had 3 more double coupons in it for Albertsons. Since I get 3 papers, that meant 9 double coupons for Joy! Nice.

I have to say that I did pretty darn well today, not that I'm bragging or anything, but DANG. Take that, Matt!

Retails: $44.29
Total Spent: $1.33
Percent Off: 97%

Plus I got a $2 catalina to use on whatever I want in Albertsons in the next couple weeks.

Pretty much I just paid tax, although as I'm thinking about it, there was a problem in the 1st transaction. I'm pretty sure I got a better deal than I was supposed to by a dollar or so. Next time I'm in Albertsons, I'll talk to someone about it.

How did I do it?
  • coupons: $11
  • double coupons: $8.75
  • sales/in store promotions: $20.75
couple things about this Kraft deal: 
  • make sure you are doing your transactions in $10. $3 comes off for each $10 you spend so to get the most for your money, add up your totals before coupons to $10.
  • Print off the new killer kraft coupons on kraftfoods.com and coupons.com. You can print 2 off per site.
FYI: I just read this on Pinching Your Pennies and thought it was too funny.
Some people play chess (lots of strategy, few prizes). Some people hit the slot machines (little strategy, lots of risk, few prizes). I play the coupon game (risk a little time, save a LOT of money).

Yes, this takes time to research/think through/cut coupons/etc, but it so pays off. Plus it's so fun. I don't hardly do sudoku anymore- this is a much better puzzle!

left for the week (through tomorrow): $7.05

3 comments:

  1. ok so my deal today isn't as good as your deal but we are still as excited about it. Paul thinks this is pretty fun now too. we just went to albertsons got $40 worth of food for $14! I can't wait to get better at this. I left the store feeling like I should get caught :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!! Way to go Claudia! That is so good. Watch out- it's so addicting.

    I LOVE watching the total drop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to move somewhere that has double coupons! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete