Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I'm Such a Good Wife

So I've been feeling really bad for Matt this last week. With every trip I've made, spending pennies, he has become increasingly depressed, realizing that he was going to loose. I would spend well under $10 for the week and he would have to admit that I am amazing.

After weighing all that in my mind, I decided that I would do the mature, loving, selfless thing: I would choose to spend slightly more than the budget, thus allowing him to retain more of his self respect.

That being said, here's my Target deal. Target? Yes, I do know where Target is.

Retails: 51.66
Total Spent: $11.11
Percent Off: 78%

If you want to get details on how to get these deals, check out Hip2Save here. She talks you through what coupons to use and how much it will cost, but know that the prices are a little more here in Utah then she lists.

$5.50ish of that total was my contact solution. I seriously debated buying this because I knew it would shoot me over the $10, but it was on sale and I never see it cheaper then $8. I also had a coupon with it. Oh and I'm SO mad about that stupid Buddie Bar soap. I only bought it because it would be free with a coupon but I didn't remember to use the darn coupon.

2 comments:

  1. That is a bunch of CRAP! I knew from day one that the deals would be just TOO good to be true and definitely too good to be under budget! Mature, loving thing to do....psshhh. -Matt-

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! I love Target! Check out all the loot that I scored today too.

    http://paisleyrose.blogspot.com/2009/05/im-not-kidding.html

    PS. Joy you could have just held out ONE MORE DAY and come in under budget. You must be a good wife to throw in the towel and let your husband win like that :)

    ReplyDelete