Friday, May 22, 2009

eye exam/glasses

Sorry, this isn't grocery shopping, but I think it's good info.

I've been researching eye exams and glasses the last few days and have stumbled on a few good things.

If you are in the Provo area and need an eye exam, look into Excel Eye Center. Apparently they accept most insurance plans, even if you don't have vision because they are MDs. Of course I have one of the only ones they don't take...

If you need glasses, then check out these guys here. I haven't bought anything from them yet, but have read tons of great reviews on them. The glasses start at $8!!! There is a $5 shipping fee but I hear it is per order so if you buy a few pairs, it's still $5.

Have any of you found any great deals on contacts? Is 1-800-CONTACTS the best way to go?

1 comment:

  1. I bought glasses online before not from Zenni but from a similarly priced company. The glasses were of extremely poor quality. The sides were made of some rubber like material and the first time my daughter reached for my glasses they broke. I tried contacting customer service and I could not get anyone to talk to me. Even Zenni openly admits that they do not focus on good customer service just cheap glasses.

    My most recent pair of glasses are from Excel. When I first inquired about their prices for lenses of my prescription and the cost for eye exam and glasses their prices sounded reasonable. When my glasses were ordered it was about twice as much as what I was told it would be and they also gave me a lower quality lense than I was told. They also do not give you a detailed reciept unless you ask for one. The however do give a much more thorough eye exam than walmart does.

    Just wanted to share my personal experience.

    ReplyDelete