Thursday, May 21, 2009

Albertsons Doubles and Smiths

I went out again today. So fun.

Albertsons

Retails: $26.72
Total Spent:$2.01
Percent Off: 92.5%

How did I do it?
* If you buy the Jet Puff marshmallows, Hershey 6 pack, and Honey Maid Graham Crackers all together, it costs $3, a great price right there. I had a $1 coupon that I doubled so each set cost me $1
* The cheese was on sale for $2 and I had a $1 coupon that I doubled (that's what that tiny thing is on top of the graham crackers. 6 ounces of cheese is a nice snack. Look at me complaining about free stuff. Can you say ungrateful?)
* The cashier only scanned 2 of my 3 double coupons on accident so the total was about $4 with tax (should have been $3ish, darn it all). I paid with my $2 catalina I got from a previous purchase (what in the world spit that out? I can't remember...)  


Smiths


Retails: $34.75
Total Spent: $12.62
Percent Off: 64%

Plus I got a $5 catalina to use on anything in the next 2 weeks!

How did I do it?
* sales: $11.60 (pizza on sale for $4.99)
* coupons: $9.00 (had 4 $2 coupons for pizza and 1 $1 J & J coupon)
* When you buy 3 DiGiorno or CPK pizzas you get a $3 catalina, when you buy 4 you get a $5.

Money Left for the Month: $42.48
yikes! I'm going Buy Low tomorrow to stock up on meat and I have a trip to Target planned out too. I guess I'll just have to be careful. It's a darn good thing I have a budget or I would spend SO much money doing this. It's just fun!

3 comments:

  1. How come I can't figure out how to get the smores deal down to $1 each? The chocolate and Honey Grahams are 2 for $6- and the marshmallows are $1- making the total $7- then you get $3 off instantly- so you're down to $4- then if you double your smores coupon or the honey grahams one, you can get it for $2- but not $1. How come I can't figure it out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that all 3 of them are $6 with the $3 instant savings, although I just went back to check on the blogs I got it from and I can't find it. And now that you say that I thought I saw a sign that said 2/$6. But my total was $4.01 with tax and she didn't scan that 3rd double coupon, at least it didn't show up on the receipt. I think it is ringing up as $1... Let me know if you find out anything different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did the deal last night, and the pictures on it said graham crackers and chocolate 2 for $6, and marshmallows 10 for $10. So that's $7 total. (And I even did the deal, and my total was $2) I looked at the site where the person had originally posted it, and she was saying it was $1 before, but now said it is $2. I just wanted to know if I was doing something wrong, or I needed to use a different coupon or something.

    ReplyDelete