Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ha ha ha.

I am a tricky gal. I told Matt that I was going to keep under $10 this week (new week starts on wed) and I am going to do it. He didn't think I could because of 2 things. Ok, mostly one. First, he knows we needed batteries, but more importantly, he knows I can't stay out of the stores. I didn't say anything about not buying anything, just about spending less than $10. He should have known I had a few tricks up my sleeve. 

Retails: $14.48
Total Spent: $.47
Percent Off: 97%

How did I do it?
* batteries were BOGO (buy one, get one) free
* 8 x 10 print was free when you ordered it yesterday only.
* the eaten candy was on clearance and was a filler item. (my total was barely less than the Register Reward I was using)
* used a $5 Register Reward


So Matt, I have $9.53 left. Tricky, tricky, tricky.

2 comments: