Friday, May 8, 2009

Take that, Matt!

I hit Albertson's today and destroyed it. 

Retails: $37.83
Total Spent: $1.15
Percent Off: 97%

How did I do it?
* split into 2 transactions

trans 1:
  • 6 BBQ sauce, 4 mac & cheese cups, gallon of milk (apparently Sam's milk expired. oops), 2 Spree (filler- I needed my total to be a little higher to use a catalina to pay)
  • the sauce and cups are on sale for $1 each and when you buy $10 worth of items, $3 comes off automatically. (so that makes them all $.70 each)
  • used 3 $.75 coupons for the BBQ sauce (from the paper) and 2 Buy One, Get One Free (BOGO) coupon for the cups (internet printable)
  • threw in the Spree to up my total because I needed to be over $5 to
  • pay with $5 catalina I got from last week, the BBQ sauce printed a $3 catalina
  • total out of pocket: $.45
trans 2:
  • got 1 5 pack mac & cheese, 2 caprisuns
  • These are on the spend $10/get $3 off deal too
  • used the coupon that is on the mac & cheese for a free caprisun, 1 $1 off caprisun coupon (from paper)
  • payed with the $3 catalina I got from the previous transaction
  • total out of pocket: $.70
in store deals (sales/$3 off): $19.05
Manufactures coupons (including catalinas): $15.74

When you combine store deals with manufactures coupons, you get to say, "Matt, I've only spent $1.62 so far this week. I have $8.38 left. I will be the winner and you, I'm sorry to say, will lose. So there."
 

2 comments:

  1. Joy I am loving this little bit of awesomeness!! (and feeling the teensiest bit jealous that I don't have an Albertsons so that I can rock the sales too!!) I can't WAIT to see how you spend your remaining $8.38 and still come in under budget :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My printer broke last week so no internet coupons for me right now :( I worked out my plan for Albertson's over breakfast so I am excited to get my deal today (if everything I plan to get is still there).

    ReplyDelete