Wednesday, May 27, 2009

menu 5/27

Menu
  • beef tostadas
  • Chicken thighs with Brazilian vinaigrette salsa
  • hot dogs and hamburger bbq with homemade buns
  • Shrimp po' boys (americas test kitchen family cookbook, p.99) with homemade bread
  • BBQ ribs
  • Pasta with homemade pasta sauce

Sides:
  • mashed potatoes, homemade fries, homemade rolls, fresh/frozen/canned fruits and veggies, rice

Need:
  • chicken legs (little substituting here for the thighs- we'll see how that works out) buy low $.59/lb
  • produce: fresh fruits and veggies buy low wed. deals

I love making meals from my storage. I know what I have and am actually using my food storage, something I didn't quite understand how to do not so long ago. Instead of a chore, shopping has become a fun game for me to see how far I can stretch my budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment