Friday, May 1, 2009

Buy Low

I hit Buy Low today for their meat deals. 

I got:
  • 14 pounds of ground beef ($.99/lb)
  • 5 pounds of chicken ($1.59/lb)
  • a pound of tomatoes ($.50/lb)
  • 8 packages of pasta (5/$1)
Total Spent: $24.53


Here's what I did with the meat. I divide the beef into 1 pound chunks and put each in a gallon freezer baggy. I roll it out with the rolling pin and freeze it flat. It's so easy to thaw this way- it takes no time at all! It's such a great idea I ripped off from someone a few years ago (Sandy?) I put each of the big old chicken breasts in its own baggy. They are just under a pound each. 

I'm so excited about the beef- great price and I was all out of raw ground beef. (I did the same thing with cooked beef)

The chicken breast was a pretty good price but not the best so I only got enough to last me until I could get more for cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment