Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Albertsons

I admit it freely. I am an addict. I just can't help myself. I went to Albertsons earlier to use a couple of double coupons that expire today.

Retails: $12.33
Spent: $2.15
Percent Off: 83%

How did I do it?
* apple juice 3 pack 
            - on sale for $1
            - used 2 $1 off 2 coupons with 2 double coupons
            - FREE!
* sausage
           - on clearance for $1.99


Then I just got back from a 2nd trip. I had to really think through this deal. Complicated.
Retails: $67.37
Spent: $26.26
Percent Off: 61%

How did I do it?
* I did 2 transactions, each produced a $3 and a $5 catalina. I used the catalinas from the 1st transaction on the 2nd.
* saved on sales: $20.24
* saved with coupons: $17.99
* plus I still have a $3 and $5 catalina 

I really needed more toilet paper, you can always use more wipes, and I quite frankly couldn't resist buying the shampoo and conditioner. All of that and the cleaning stuff were $5.41 total!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea doing two different transactions, I have never thought of that. Great site, thanks for telling me about it! Oh, and it was fun seeing you at the store :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy,
    Clearance sausage is a bold but risky move.
    Lance

    ReplyDelete