Monday, June 15, 2009

Walmart.

I'm not complaining any more on this blog (yeah, right!) so I will just happily post my Walmart shopping trip from tonight. I'll just cheerfully state that I have NEVER seen lines so long. Ever. It was spectacular. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a newspaper article on it or something.


Retails: $18.85
Total Spent: $5.20
Percent Off: 72%

How did I do it?
  • compiled my list from Hip2Save
  • sales: $1.79
  • coupons: $11.00
  • free: the Buddie Bar soaps & the lint rollers, the grill seasoning was 8 cents each, the hot dogs were 14 cents each, the tabasco sauce were 23 cents each, the food coloring was on rollback for $1.25.
  • I did pay full price for the garlic at $.43/lb, and the tomatoes at 50 cents each as I was running out of both of them. It's hard to beat canned tomatoes at 50 cents each.

Money Left for the Month: $96.03


3 comments:

  1. I can't handle Walmart either. Hey- I'm going to California June 28th- can you do a guest post for me one of the days I am gone? I know you have intermuse now- but if you could write something after that about deal finding or your experience in the last few months becoming a coupon shopper- I would love it. You would be witty and funny, and just great. Let me know! Thanks! Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at walmart at midnight last night getting some medicine for my baby and I was surprised at how busy it was. I was in line forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lines at my Wal-Mart are ALWAYS ridiculously long. I usually grab a magazine and read it while I'm waiting.

    You did a very good job at Wal-Mart on this trip.

    ReplyDelete