Thursday, June 11, 2009

menu 6/10

Again, I am a day late. But not a dollar short, thanks to couponing! (oh my gosh, that was SO dumb. someone punch me.)

Menu:
  • Navajo tacos (is that what the rest of the world calls them? we had funny names for some things growing up. example: Top Ramen = curly noodle. the store stocker had NO idea what I was talking about my freshman year of college) with homemade fried bread and all the fixin's including ground beef, black beans, cheese...
  • Grilled Pizza with sausage (Cuisine magazine, p6) (thanks astealofadeal for posting your friend's delicious version)
  • Grilled Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs
  • Colorful Frittata (the Taste of Home Cookbook, p. 252)
  • Steak and Shrimp Kabobs
  • Shredded French Dip (tToHC, p.71) with homemade rolls

Sides:
  • fresh/frozen/canned fruits and veggies, glazed carrots (America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook p.148), Sweet Potatoes w/ Apples (tToHC p352)
  • potatoes: salt(cook'scountrymag, p13)/mashed/fries/hash browns
  • rice
  • salad
  • beans
  • homemade rolls, sour cream crescents (tToHC p.462)
Need:
  • fresh fruits/veggies I got at Buy Low yesterday
I will need a couple of gallons of milk soon too.

It is so nice to have a stockpile of things to create my menus from. I buy stuff when it's at my pricepoint, the cheapest I can get it for and buy multiples of it as much as I can.


1 comment:

  1. Curly noodles- I love it! Don't we all have names we call things that no one has a clue what we're talking about. Navajo Tacos however are one of those normal names for what you're describing. You're doing awesome with your budget this month by the way.

    ReplyDelete