Thursday, June 4, 2009

Smiths and Albertsons

I had a $5 catalina that was going to expire today and didn't get a chance to go until Matt got back from a meeting late tonight. It was kind of fun, zombie-ing the aisles with all the college students, remembering the days when I actually had energy at midnight.

Smiths

Retails: $17.63
Total Spent: $4.30
Percent Off: 76%

How did I do it?
  • coupons: $7.50. had 3 coupons for free Kitten Chow, had $1.50 diaper coupon
  • had a $5 catalina
  • sales: $.83

Albertsons


Retails: $13.34
Total Spent: $1.79
Percent Off: 87%

How did I do it?
  • sales: $5.52
  • clearance: $3
  • coupons: $2.75
  • double coupons: $2.75 (the cashier accidentally gave me $.50 extra on the double coupons. I pointed it out but he said it was his mistake and it was fine. Nice.)
By the way, the clam juice is not for a quick drink. I've made something delicious that I cannot remember right now that calls for it. It looks disgusting though.

Money Left for the Month: $165.71

4 comments:

  1. Joy, we don't own a kitten! -Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) You have a kitten?
    2) My grandma used to make a clam dip with cream cheese, canned clams and clam juice. Lots of people liked it... though not me. I hate clams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think you had a kitten, why buy kitten food?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I mention that we don't have a kitten? I thought I did. Although, I suppose I could go snag one of the feral cats living in out shed... -Matt-

    ReplyDelete