Monday, June 8, 2009

Walgreens: We've had some good times

Last Monday I had one of those migraine/sick headaches and as a result didn't get to Walgreen's. Apparently I let $9.50 in Register Rewards expire. I realized it the next day but it was too late. I was so mad at myself!

I had $7 in RR that had to be used by today and when I looked at the deals, I was sad- not a great week. I really struggled in the store to find anything I wanted to buy.

This little story-time was to tell you that I am officially out of Register Rewards. From now on anything I get will have to be paid with (gasp) real money. Since that is the case, I'm guessing I'll be shopping there less. We'll see. It's just that I have such a huge stockpile of toothpaste/toothbrushes/deodorant/shampoo/shaving cream etc that I can't see myself spending money to get more. Free? Sure. Make sweet money on it? I'll take it! But don't make me shell out dollars. Yikes.

Anyway, on to the deals:
(not pictured: one more package of M&Ms that were devoured in an effort to bring you this deal)

Retails: $20.38
Total Spent: $0.00

How did I do it?
* the bug spray, pregnancy test, and crackers were on clearance. In addition, I had a coupon for $2 off the bug spray.
* the candy bars had an in ad coupon for 2/$1 and I had 3 Buy One Get One Free (BOGO) coupons
* $7 in RR
* put the remainder $.69 on my Walgreen's gift card.

2 comments: