Friday, June 5, 2009

Buy Low and Albertsons

I've realized that the one place I don't know how much I'm going to spend before I go in is at Buy Low. I only buy the produce or meat that's on sale, but sometimes I get a bit carried away. Today, before I went into the store I told myself I would only spend $15. That helped curb my over-buying tendencies. I'm not a fan of being surprised at the register because it usually isn't a good surprise.

Buy Low

Retails: $45.69
Total Spent: $14.73
Percent Off: 68%

How did I do it?
  • Meat very rarely has coupons. I buy it when it's cheap and stock up
  • Buy Low's Friday meat deals are really great. I check the ad and buy what's on great sale.
  • The 70/80 shrimp were substituted for 31/something which is great because they are bigger, more expensive shrimp. I'm so excited!


Albertsons


Retails: $28.76
Total Spent: $3.18
Percent Off: 89%

How did I do it?
  • sales: $17.94
  • coupons: $3.00
  • double coupons: $3.00
Money Left for the Month: $147.80

2 comments:

  1. is Buy Low as crazy on Friday's as it is on Wednesdays? Also, how have you found the quality of their meat to be? I went once to buy produce and found it to be VERY hit and miss... the cherries this week were awesome and high quality, but the peaches they had on sale were literally rotting when I was there (on the first day of the sale!), as were a lot of the bell peppers and other things I looked at. Based on that trip (my first there) I think I'll stick with Sunflower Market for produce. Now as rock bottom prices, but they always have great sales and absolute top quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy Low is great over all. I haven't had any problems with their meat, except that the 70% beef I got is 70% beef- tons of grease. The produce has been wonderful 90% of the time. I did get a few oranges one week that weren't too good and I did have to throw away the cantaloupe I got last week because it had no flavor. That being said, the prices are so stinking great that it is fine with me if I have to throw away one or 2 things every couple months, its so darn cheap!

    I have noticed though that Wednesdays are crazy go nuts there and stuff goes fast off the produce shelves. The restockers are going so fast, but there sometimes are holes on the shelves. That's when the produce looks bad, when the gross produce no one wants is left and the good stuff hasn't been restocked. I've found if I talk to a restocker about getting some more for me and then pick up what else I need then it's usually ready to go when I'm done.

    ReplyDelete