Monday, August 30, 2010

August Budget Review


I'm not a regular grocery shopper. I buy stuff before I even need it, matching manufacturer coupons with store sales. This way I'm able to "shop" from my own pantry and pay a fraction of retail with items I use. No, we will not use all those green beans this month, but we will use them this year. When I make meals for us, I menu plan around what we already have on our shelves and in the freezer. There are occasional items I have to pay full price for, but they are the exception as I build up my food storage with stuff we actually use, all for less then I used to spend just to get us by every month. Want to learn how I do it? Check this out.

Total Spent: $188.87

Besides perishables like eggs, milk, and produce, this month I was able to stock up on steak, bacon, sausage, chips, snacks, cheese, cereal, drinks, baggies, vitamins, canned beans, ground beef, coconut milk, feta, popsicles, meds, dog treats, chicken, oil, dog food, fish sauce, honey, seasonings, diapers and wipes, spread, butter, soap, canned pinapple, paper towels, dish soap, marshmallows, shortening, and toothpaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment