Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Walmart: the Dream Trip

I had an awesome trip to Walmart today. (no, there is no sarcasm in that at all, it really was a good trip.)

They had almost everything I wanted and I was able to find it pretty easily. The only problem I had was at checkout. I have never seen a cashier be so attentive to coupons before, ever. He really read the fine print of every single coupon I gave him. Twice. He was very nice and I do appreciate him doing his job, but it was a bit extreme. He wouldn't let me use a Buy One Get One Free and a $1.50 off coupon for the 2 Steamfresh meals I was buying, so I had him take them off. No biggie.


Retails: about $75
Total Spent: $ 12.10
(and that includes the $1 corn dog I bought Sam. I might have had a bite...)
Percent Off: 84%

How did I do it?
  • compiled list from hip2save
  • free items: Air Fresheners (on rollback from $12 to $6, had a $6 coupon), Candles (on rollback to $3, had a $3.50 coupon), Buddie Bar soap ($.97, had $1 coupon), Cat treats ($1.86, had a free coupon) my neighbor will love these. or her cat will.
  • cheap items: Brita filter ($7.25, had a $5 coupon), McCormick spices (had $1 coupon)

Money Left for the Month: $32.74

3 comments:

  1. LOVE those air fresheners! I got that scent too. I scored a few week ago on twin packs... they had them on an ed cap by the registers. 2 sprayer gadgets & 2 refills in a box for $6. In October I got 10 of those things (in various twin and single packs) free with coupon. Great trip! By the way... where did you find the buddy bars? I can never seem to find them at Walmart...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh... and I've also noticed that they seem to have upped their coupon meticulousness. My last cashier had to ask a supervisor if it was okay that I was getting the air fresheners free after coupon... then she asked me if I knew I was getting them free. Yep... only reason I was getting them. She was amazed at what a deal it was. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought they didn't sell the Buddy Bars anymore either, but they just moved them over to the adult lotion/face soap stuff is, by the make up. At least they are in the Springville Walmart.

    ReplyDelete