Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Baking Day Results

I had a pretty productive day today. I made:
  • 2 batches of strawberry freezer jam
  • a ton of pinto beans
  • ground a bunch of wheat for flour
  • a loaf of whole wheat bread
  • shredded a bunch of chicken
  • 4 cups of chicken broth (I forgot that the chicken I was using was bone-in so I threw in some seasonings, onion, and garlic after I pulled out the chicken)
  • rice, that I need to figure out what to do with (was left over from the Mexican Lasagna)
  • a recipe of Chicken Tetrazinni
  • 2 dishes of Mexican Lasagna
I didn't get to the pita bread and I will put in the granola tonight.


I learned a few things today.
  1. Set the timer when letting bread rise when you're doing lots of other things. Otherwise you may end up with shriveled, over-risen bread.
  2. Mexican Lasagna makes a TON of food. I filled up 2 9x13 dishes to the brim. We had one for dinner tonight and barely even dented it. I think our sweet grandma next door might get some for lunch tomorrow. Ashley, do you want some too?
  3. I did like the wheat bread I made today (minus the over-rising). I will definitely make it again.
  4. I need to make a complete game plan the day before, gather all my recipes, and pull out whatever I need out of the freezer. I ended up not being able to start until 10 this morning which was not good.
  5. Sam did so great today. I was very surprised. We did take breaks, but he did so much better than I thought he would.
I want to start doing this regularly. If I can get a few meals in the freezer every time I do it then when the baby comes, I will be set.

No comments:

Post a Comment