Monday, October 12, 2009

walgreens? walgreens.

After months and months of being Walgreens-less, I returned today. I'm really on the lookout for good diaper sales. It seems like I just can't keep all that far ahead these days. Have there been a lack of stock-up sales lately? It sure seems like it.

Anyways, since I was there for the diapers, I grabbed a few other things too and took yet another chunk out of the budget. Darn it. Shopping is seriously compulsive for me. Good thing I'm not a jewelry shopper (unless you count Claires).


Retails: $69.40
Total Spent: $24.99
Percent Off: 64%
Plus, I have $7 to spend on anything at Walgreens in the next 2 weeks.

How did I do it?
  • compiled list from hip2save
  • sales: $20.62
  • coupons/Register Rewards: $20.75
  • The diapers were 2/$18. I used 2 coupons with them making them 2/$14.50. They also print out a $4 Register Reward (like a gift card you can use on anything)
  • The lotion was $7 and spit out a $7 RR, the chapstick was $3 and spit out a $3 RR
  • Ragu/Skippy is on sale for $1.66 each. When you buy 8, an $8 RR spits out. I also had $.75/2 coupons for the Skippy.
  • the wrapping paper was on clearance for a $1 each. I needed to have some filler items.
  • Walgreens is SO expensive to just walk in and buy stuff but I have gotten so much free shampoo/deodorant/shaving cream/toothpaste/etc from there using RR.
Money Left for the Month: $65.87

No comments:

Post a Comment