Tuesday, October 6, 2009

menu 10/6

Yes, that heading is correct. I am posting a menu. I guess I'm so good I only need a weekly menu like once every other month. Ha. Ha. Ha. Pathetic.

Anyways, here it is.

Main Dish:
  • Chicken Pot Pie
  • Paella (de-li-cious.)
  • Cream of broccoli soup with homemade bread sticks
  • Mexican Lasagna, (thanks Pioneer Woman. If you've never been to her site, check it out but only if you are NOT on a diet as everything calls for 2 sticks of butter, a cup of cream, or a tub of sour cream. Mmmm.)
  • Calzones with peppers, sausage, salami, ham (basically, I'm working on cleaning out the freezer)
  • Chicken enchiladas
Sides- fresh/canned/frozen fruit &/or veggies, rice, black beans, whatever else I feel like...

Need to buy for the menu:
  • fresh fruits and veggies- Buy Low tomorrow
  • cheese- Maceys today
I love that I don't have to buy a whole bunch of stuff to make any meal. Because I'm a bargain shopper, I buy when things are really cheap, at my price point, and buy multiples of them when I can. Then I plan my meals around what we already have stockpiled. This works good too because I'm constantly building up a food storage and actually using it!

No comments:

Post a Comment