Wednesday, October 7, 2009

buy low

I left Albertsons and headed over to Buy Low and waited there until they opened at 7am. I was pretty excited because the manager told me very sneakily about some unadvertised specials they were going to have today while supplies lasted.


I got 2 5 lb rotisserie chickens, 10 yoplait yogurts, 5 lbs of ground beef, 3 limes, 15 lbs granny smith apples, and a bunch of spinach.

Retails (approximate): $51.00
Total Spent: $15.00
Percent Off: 71%

How did I do it?
  • compiled list from ad listed on pinchingyourpennies
  • only bought what was on sale
  • They only thing I was interested of the unadvertised specials was the whole chicken, cleaned, seasoned, tied and ready to cook for $.39/lb. It is normally $1.59/lb. A 5 lb bird was only $2! Sweet!
  • Plus I found some 93% ground beef on clearance for $.99/lb, regularly $3.69/lb.
  • The yogurt was 3/$1 and then I had 2 $.75/4 yogurts coupons from coupons.com.
  • The apples are 5 lbs/$1 today only. I got 15 pounds and it cost $3. That is a lot of apples. All in all, a good trip.
Money Left for the Month: $90.86
And THIS is why I have a monthly budget. Otherwise I would just spend and spend and spend and spend and spend. And spend. Speaking of which, I need to slow it down a bit. It is only the 7th. Yikes.

1 comment:

  1. Joy, you are freaking AMAZING!!! So impressed! You inspire me to greater deal seeking greatness (which isn't hard to do at my current couponing level!). Hope things are going well in P-town! Have you found someone else to share diaper bags with during sacrament mtg?
    Best!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete