Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Grilled Teriyaki Burgers with Pineapple

I made these burgers for dinner last night from Real Mom's Kitchen and they were super good and not hard at all. I did make a few changes, based on what I had at home. I love that you have chopped pineapple IN the patty. Yum. I served them on homemade buns.

Grilled Teriyaki Burgers with Pineapple

  • 1 1/4 pounds ground beef (no less than 15% fat- you want to keep them moist)
  • 1 (28-ounce) can of pineapple slices (or slice it up fresh), divided (I used canned)
  • ¼ cup teriyaki sauce (original calls for soy sauce) $1 coupon for Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce here. I used it at Target to get it for $.44!
  • ¼ cup chopped green onions
  • 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
  • ¼ tsp black pepper
  • 1 clove garlic, minced or 1/8 t garlic powder

1. In a large bowl, combine beef, 2 pineapple slices (chopped finely), teriyaki sauce, onions, ginger, pepper and garlic. Divide beef mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a ½-inch-thick patty.

2. Preheat grill. Place patties and pineapple slices 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Throw the buns on the grill to toast (only takes a minute). Serve on toasted buns topped with 2 pineapple slices on each burger. These are so flavorful I didn't think they needed cheese. They are plenty moist too with that pineapple that mayo isn't even necessary, so save those calories for another handful of chips or something.

Servings: 4


Ease of Preparation: A-

  • Chop, dump, and mix. Super easy.
Taste: A
  • I can be not such a huge fan of burgers because they're just a big ol' hunk of hamburger and that can be somewhat unappealing. I didn't feel that way about this burger.
  • Matt says, "Delicious. Really Delicious. Even the leftovers were good."
Overall: A
  • Easy and delicious; a nice change from regular burgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment