Thursday, July 8, 2010

Slow Cookers Anyone?

I got a great question from Kristi:
Do you have any recommendations for a good crock pot?

I am no crock pot expert, but I sure use mine a lot! I would like to give the inventor a Gold Star for his brilliance. Just set it and forget it! (what commercial is that line from?)

I got this great Farberware 6 quart for a wedding present years ago and have loved the big size.
I can cook just about anything in it, from chicken breasts to big old roasts. Mine doesn't quite look this good any more- let's just call it "used" and leave it at that.

However, my mom and little sister both have this Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 and they both really like it.
Hamilton Beach 33134 3-in-1 Slow Cooker with 2-, 4-, and 6-Quart Crocks
It has 3 different pots that are 2, 4, and 6 quarts. This would be so nice to be able to switch out depending on how much of stuff you're making. These pots all nest inside of each other so it doesn't take up any more space to store then a regular crock pot.

If I were to buy one, this is the model I would get. Amazon has them for $35 (retails $70), about the same price as my crock pot at ebay.


2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of the interchangeable inserts, I've never seen one like that! I have one what I call "tall skinny" regular crock-pot that I've had for years that I still love. I have two larger ones, one that I like and one that I don't, and I can't really figure out why they cook so differently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy!
    Great blog :-)
    I would like to send you some information about how Utah's Own recipes can win you a 7 Day cruise for 2. Would you please forward your email address to me?

    Thanks,
    Angel Shannon
    Fresh Market
    801-978-8430

    ReplyDelete