Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Artichoke Chicken

My mom brought me some DELICIOUS, amazing bread today from Great Harvest that was just spectacular. It kind of looked like a gigantico cinnamon roll on its side but was filled with pesto, parmesan, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, and lots and lots of calories. Mmmmm. Did I mention it was still warm? Oh my word.

It was good.

But that is besides the point, which is that I needed to make a dinner where this unreal creation could be showcased. I found this recipe here for Artichoke Chicken and made some adaptations based on the comments and what I happened to have. The original also says to cook it in the oven for 1/2 hour at 375 so if you actually have thawed chicken but little time, try that instead.

Artichoke Chicken


Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 lb)
15 oz marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (or 2 6.5 oz bottles)
3/4 cup parmesan (I used an Italian blend but parmesan would probably be better)
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
pinch paprika
2 garlic cloves, minced
salt to taste

1. Put frozen chicken in crockpot (because who remembers to thaw it in advance?)
2. Mix all other ingredients together and dump it over chicken.
3. Turn on the crockpot. Very important. Low for 3 hours or so.
4. Eat. I served it over noodles. I wish I had not run out of egg noodles because that would have been much better.

Serves 4.

Oh, someone in the comments of the original recipe said they threw in some bacon. Yum. Someone else mentioned capers. Tasty ideas.


Ease of Preparation: A
  • Super easy. You do need 3 hours though. Darn. I wonder what would have happened if I put it on high? Interesting idea...
Taste: B+ (Matt) A- (Me)
  • I LOVE artichoke hearts. Matt's not such a huge fan. Too bad for him.
Overall: A-
  • Pretty good.

2 comments:

  1. This recipe sounds so great!! However, I do not have a crock pot. Do you have any recommendations for a good crock pot?
    Thanks!!
    kristidorman at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! I just gave you the versatile blogger award!
    mackenzieseverdaymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete