Tuesday, January 5, 2010

December Budget Review


I'm not a regular grocery shopper. I buy stuff before I even need it, matching manufacturer coupons with store sales. This way I'm able to "shop" from my own pantry and pay a fraction of retail with items I use. No, we will not use all that brown sugar this month, but we will use it this year. When I make meals for us, I menu plan around what we already have on our shelves and in the freezer. There are occasional items I have to pay full price for, but they are the exception as I build up my food storage with stuff we actually use, all for less then I used to spend just to get us by every month.

And as a side note, I spent way under our $150 budget for December. We were out of town for some of it. Plus, we are BROKE right now. Thank goodness for food storage!

not including wic:

Retails: $278.35

Total Spent: $96.90

Percent Off: 65%

This month I was able to stock up on diapers, stocking treats, ground beef, pasta, paper towels, brown sugar, powdered sugar, cheez-its, tabasco sauce, chili powder, chips, chicken, corn starch, cheese, flour, baggies, cough meds, chicken broth, coconut milk, tomato sauce, cream soups, and chocolate chips.

WIC items

Retails: about $73

Total Spent: FREE

thanks WIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment