Monday, January 25, 2010

Target: the trip that puts me over-budget.

Wow, with such a promising title, this is sure to be a great entry!


Retails: $130.25
Total Spent: $50.21
Percent Off: 61%
Plus I have a $5 gift card to use on anything at Target!

How did I do it?

Target has a great promotion on Pampers and Huggies this week: Buy 3 Jumbo packs, get a $5 gift card. To minimize out of pocket expense, I did this in 3 transactions so I could "roll" the gift cards.

Transaction #1

Pampers Cruisers, reg. $12.79 (reg. prices from savvyshopperdeals.com but they seem a little high. oh well.)
- on sale $8.99
- used 3 $2/1 cruisers diapers Target coupon from 12/06 Red Plum insert in newspaper
- used 3 $2/1 Pampers manufacturer coupons from 12/27 Proctor & Gamble insert in newspaper
- paid 16.06 with tax
- got back a $5 gift card


Transaction #2

Pampers Swaddler Sensitive Diapers, reg. $12.79
- on sale $8.99
- used 3 $2/1 Swaddler diapers Target coupon from 12/06 Red Plum insert in newspaper
- used 3 $2/1 Pampers manufacturer coupons from 12/27 Proctor & Gamble insert in newspaper
- used $5 gift card from previous transaction
- paid $11.06
- got back a $5 gift card


Transaction #3

Huggies, reg. $12.79
- on sale $8.99
- used 2 $2/1 coupons here and 1 $1.50/1 coupon from the mail

Huggies wipes, reg. $6.79
- on sale $5.49
- used $.75 coupon here

- used $5 gift card from previous transaction
- paid $23.09 with tax
- got back a $5 gift card

According to UtahDealDiva, taking the gift card into account the final price for the
Pampers are $3.32 + tax
Huggies $5.32 + tax


Want more info on this deal? Check out Smart Couponing for more online diaper coupons, Utah Deal Diva for her description of the deal, and Hip2Save for this and other great Target deals.

While I am still over-budget, my very generous big sister has given me money to use towards diapers for this-baby-that-better-be-coming-extremely-soon-or-I-will-pop. (that's his official name for now) I am subtracting $16.06 from my total and taking it out of that budget. So that being said...


Money Left for the Month: - $5.26. Yikes.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! That's what food storage is for!

    My baby doesn't have that name yet; my due date is only today. I probably have 1-2 more weeks (normal for me).

    ReplyDelete