Thursday, January 14, 2010

menu 1/14


Menu for the Week:
  • Pasta with alfredo sauce, chicken, and bacon with garlic rolls
  • Chicken Paillards with Lemon Butter Sauce (didn't make this or the roast last week- substitutions)
  • Roast with Gravy and homemade rolls
  • Leftover roast sandwiches on homemade buns from freezer (froze 1/2 uncooked buns last week)
  • Chimichangas (this is short video with a great trick to making these bad boys)
  • Breakfast for dinner: Egg mcmuffins, homemade hash browns
Sides: fresh/frozen/canned fruits and veggies. I'm really craving the brussels sprouts I have in the freezer. (I didn't know I liked brussels sprouts until I had them cooked this way. They're more like french fries then anything. mmmm)

Need to Buy for Menu:
  • Nothing. On purpose I menu plan around what I have stockpiled in my house. I'm able to make meals from food I get at my price points, the lowest amount I'm willing to pay for things.

Oh, and I don't menu plan every meal of the day. It about kills me to have to come up with the main meal. Is it just me or is menu planning the most painful thing in the week?

Breakfasts are usually eggs, cereal, cream of wheat, oatmeal, or sometimes I get crazy and make waffles or pancakes that I'll freeze and pull out. We are eating our main meal most days at lunch because of my husband's wacky schedule. Dinner for me and the baby is leftovers while Matt has a sandwich. Just in case you were wondering... As if you're still reading all this... Too... Many... Words...

3 comments:

  1. You really should have thrown in a picture there toward the end. I almost didn't make it to the end. All of your ....'s intrigued me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not just you. Menu planning is the one thing I rarely get done, and I can't stand it!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try cooking cauliflower like the brussel sprouts. Scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete