Thursday, September 2, 2010

Springville Reams: Chicken Breast $1.59/lb

I drove out to Reams today to pick up chicken for my sister and me. I was so out of chicken. $1.59/lb is a decent price and one that I'm willing to pay with none in my freezer. You do have to get it in 20lb boxes for $31.80.

We're splitting one of these boxes.

Total Spent: $49.42
Money Left for the Month: $150.58

This is what the chicken looks like. It is in one big bag. The chicken is frozen individually and not in one big blob, but if you're looking for beautiful, perfect breasts, this is not the chicken for you.


The pieces are all in random shapes and sizes, not a big deal if you make a bunch of dishes where you cut up/shred the chicken. If you're getting it to primarily BBQ whole breasts then I'd skip this deal. I'm happy enough with it. There's enough bigger sizes to do whatever I'd want with them.

This chicken price is good only this weekend and ends Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment