Monday, September 20, 2010

Peanut Butter Bars

I swear I have gained 5 pounds just thinking about these little beauties.

How can you loose with these? Peanut Butter + Chocolate = True Love.

These bars were a favorite with my class at church growing up and we named them "Sister Mooth Bars." Thank you Sister Mooth. Your legacy lives on. In my thighs, specifically.


Peanut Butter Bars

Ingredients:
  • 1 package graham crackers (the plastic sleeve, not the box)
  • 1 cube butter, melted
  • 1 pound powdered sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups peanut butter (I've used both smooth and chunky)
  • 1 bag (12 oz) semi sweet chocolate chips
Directions:
  1. Crush the graham crackers. Demolish them, however you want to. I've put them in a gallon baggy and rolled them with a rolling pin. My new favorite is to just put them in the food processor. You just want them like dust.
  2. In a large bowl, mix the graham crackers with the butter, powdered sugar, and peanut butter.
  3. In one of those cookie sheets with the edge around it, sprinkle that mixture across the pan and press it down so that it is so smooshed. I use my fingers and get it good and squashed and then pull out the rolling pin and finish the job. You can dust it with a little more powdered sugar if it sticks. If this is crumbly, your cookies will be crumbly.
  4. Sprinkle the chocolate chips pretty evenly across the top and put in the oven at 350 for a few minutes. Be careful here: you're not baking this, you're just melting the chips. THEY DO NOT CHANGE APPEARANCE so take the back of a spoon and try to spread them after a few minutes. When they smear easily, take it out and spread the chocolate over the peanut butter mixture.
  5. Let it set. I have no willpower or patience so I usually throw this not in the fridge, but the freezer to set the chocolate quicker. Cut into bars.
  6. Eat until you think you're going to throw up. Thank me and dear Sis. Mooth.

1 comment: