Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

I was flipping through the October Parent magazine, looking for the FREE Cache Valley Cheese coupon last week and stumbled on this darling idea: cupcakes in ice cream cones! How cute. It seems that everyone else in the world has seen this idea, but I never had. In an effort to save someone out there from feeling as foolish as I did, I thought I would post.

Oh, and I got these multicolored cones at Walmart. They were $1 something for 18.


Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

Ingredients:
  • Cake mix with eggs, oil and water
  • 30 ice cream cones
  • icing
  • sprinkles
  • 30 red gum drops (optional, but how cute is that?)
Directions:
  1. Mix up cake mix according to instructions on box
  2. Pour batter into ice cream cones, leaving about an inch at the top. The cake will rise as it cooks and leaving that space will keep it from making a big mess.
  3. Place them on a cookie sheet and bake as directed for cupcakes on the cake box. Be careful as you move the sheet around. The cones are kind of tippy. If your cones don't stand very well you could use a small crunched piece of foil at the base to stabilize them. I didn't have any problems.
  4. Let them cool completely and then ice them. I iced then put the sprinkles on each one, one at a time so that the icing wouldn't set before I could get back to put the sprinkles on.
  5. Enjoy your fancy work.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment