Monday, August 10, 2009

Ok, I'm a loser

No, I am not dead, nor was I in a tragic automobile accident. I am just pregnant. Pregnant, sick, and tired. Can anyone relate?

I am actually doing a bit better but better or not, we have NOTHING TO EAT!!! so I must grocery shop again. And actually cook too, darn it all. (Matt is doing a very happy jig right now, poor man)

We also just came back from vacation to shortly find our less-than-3-year-old-refrigerator decided to pass on. We were very lucky that it went out the day after we got home so we were able to save all the freezer stuff and some of the fridge stuff. And the fridge was almost empty anyways since I haven't been shopping in FOREVER. (have I mentioned that?) I have never appreciated having a fridge so much though, I'll tell you. Trucking downstairs to my chest freezer (thank heaven's we have that!) 30 times a day to pull out baggies of milk to thaw under hot water for my little one's bottle was not my idea of a fun time. Let's just say a pioneer woman, I am not.

So I have a few things to say about my stockpile:
  • It is amazing to me how much stuff I have. Bathroom stuff will last us through WW III, wheat and cleaning supplies are great, salad dressing will last longer then the bathroom stuff.
  • HOWEVER, it is also amazing how much stuff I need. The frozen/canned fruits and veggies were gone so quick and these are necessities. Really, these are the things you want to munch on when you don't want to cook. I'm running low on flour and some other cooking basics, like yeast and some seasonings.

So basically, what this is all saying is, I'm back! However, since I have been out of commission for so long, I will have to be spending more on many things since they are currently needs and not just stocking up for the future. This might be a good thing for some of you just starting out.

I will keep my budget to $200 this month (I may need to make that a little bigger this month...) and we'll see how I do.

4 comments:

  1. You are not a loser. Unless I'm a loser too. I went way over budget last month and it was all spent on eating out. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely relate! Fortunately Karl has started cooking dinner a few nights a week, which had made a huge difference in our eating out budget.
    Here's some advice that I'm told all the time: Remember that baby inside of you needs your energy more than your house or random things do. Even though it is hard to let things go undone.
    -Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee!!! You're back. I love your site!! Thanks for all your posts...they give me great ideas for deals AND they put a smile on my face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! I have been missing your deals and lists! Happy baby to you!

    ReplyDelete