Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Smiths

I'm bringing over dinner to a friend tomorrow and needed some cottage cheese for a killer lasagna I'm making (thank you Pioneer Woman) so I ran out to Smiths tonight. I cannot believe how many things are on the shelves at both Albertsons and Smiths on the last day of great sales.

Oh, and by the way, I know I've bought a load of junk food lately, but I swear it's not all for us. I'm using the cookies to give as gifts to teachers I supervise tomorrow, I've bringing a thing of ice cream to the family I'm bringing dinner to, and you get the picture. Plus, Fruit Loops are DELICIOUS. Have you had those things lately? Man, they are good eats.

Speaking of what we eat, I know I need to get a menu up again, both so I know what to make for dinner before it's an emergency and to prove to you we don't live off of fruit snacks and frozen pizza (which, incidentally will be dinners for Matt while I'm in Seattle for my little sister's wedding this weekend.)

Enough with the rambling. Here's the deals:

Retails: $43.64
Total Spent: $6.38
Percent Off: 85%

How did I do it?
  • compiled list from pinching your pennies
  • did 2 sets of 4 (buy 4 select items, get $4 off)
  • had a free coupons for the toothpaste, the cheerios, and rice krispies
  • used $4 in coupons for the sale items
Money Left for the Month: $112.95

No comments:

Post a Comment