Wednesday, August 26, 2009

buy low

Oh, fresh produce. How I love thee. And apparently tortillas too. The tortillas were only 50 cents each! I have been known to make my own tortillas. Question: how delicious are fresh tortillas? Answer: very. But they are, unfortunately, a lot of work to make and as is extremely obvious to the world right now I am still not high functioning. Not that I ever really am. That is why I bought 8 packages of tortillas.


I got 2 things of oats, 8 packages of tortillas, 2 pounds of ham, a can of olives, lettuce, 8 kiwi, 3 avocado, 2 lbs of potatoes, 1 1/2 lbs of grapes, 2 pounds of strawberries, a bag of chips, and a gallon of milk.

Retails: $50.33
Total Spent: $18.49
Percent Off: 63%

How did I do it?

Money Left for the Month: $94.46

3 comments:

  1. Ok, so I am committed to do this coupon thing. But I don't have a printer to print coupons. I can go to the library but I was wondering where you get the bulk of your coupons. Should I subscribe to a newspaper? do you get val-pack or the red-plum? What is the best way to jump start?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... $94.46 with just 5 days left in the month... what are you going to do with your leftover money?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie: I would definitely subscribe to the Sunday paper. We have a deal with a paper around here where I just get the Sunday paper, 3 actually. I've heard that you should get one Sunday paper per person in your house. That way when a store has a great sale on something you can get multiples and stock up. I don't get any coupon mailers right now. They stopped sending them to my area about a year ago, darn it all. When I started using these resources (pinching your pennies, savvyshopperdeals, hip2save) I wasn't getting the paper and I really felt like I was an outsider, like everyone else was a part of a cool money-saving club and I could only hear about it. That's the world according to me.

    Rosie: Just wait until tomorrow. I have BIG plans for those pretty pennies.

    ReplyDelete