Wednesday, August 26, 2009

weekly menu (gasp)

It has finally arrived: the return of the weekly menu. I am extremely excited about this, as it means that I will not have to frantically throw something together. Not that I've been doing that or anything.

Menu:
  • sloppy joes with homemade rolls
  • chicken parmesan over pasta
  • taco salad with homemade hard shells (real fancy here: just spray tortillas with Pam, shape them over a ball of foil, and pop em in the oven until they're crunchy. I'm a gourmet.)
  • sweet and sour chicken over rice
  • bbq hamburgers with homemade buns (here's a little hint: make a double batch of buns, let them rise the first rise like normal, roll them out and then freeze the extras you don't need right away. Then the next time you need buns, just throw them on the cookie sheet a few hours beforehand to let them thaw and rise and bake them then. Aren't you glad you're spending your precious time reading this dumb blog? Sorry for all the "help.")
  • bbq chicken breast
Sides:
  • fresh fruit/veggies (from garden/store)
  • homemade fries
  • crash hot potatoes (ummmm Fay. These are de-li-cious)
  • salad
  • wild rice
Need from store:
  • chicken breast (I've been out of this for SO long. I won't know what to do with myself when I have it.) buy low friday deals $1.49/lb
  • tortillas buy low $.50
  • ketchup albertsons $.60
  • fresh fruits and veggies buy low wed deals
Sorry there's nothing super exciting on the menu. I just lazily compiled this list from my old menus. But hey! I have a menu. Hooray!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment