Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Week's menu

So I thought I'd put up my menu for the week, just so you don't think we eat Pringles and gum for dinner.

Menu:
* The Best Lasagna Ever (it really is, by the way), homemade bread, corn, fruit
* Chicken Lo Mein (from America's Test Kitchen, Family Cookbook, p. 247), fruit
* Beef enchiladas, black beans, mexican rice (ATKFC, p. 178)
* Sweet & Sour Chicken aka: Ketchup Chicken, rice,
* Shredded Pork Sandwiches, homemade rolls, cauliflower ham gratin, canned peaches
* Chicken Cordon Bleu (ATKFC, p. 360), salad w/homemade croutons, avocado and cheese, fruit

Need to get from the store:
* 3 c cottage cheese- on sale $.99
* 3 T oyster sauce
* Veggies: cabbage- 4 lb/$1, lettuce- $.99
* Fruit: grapes- $.99/lb, strawberries- $1.50/lb, oranges- 4lb/$1

So the above is all I need to make all of those dinners. I just base my menu around what I have in my freezer/shelves and also what's on sale. Of course I will be buying more than just that short list to add to my food storage. I buy multiples of things when they are super cheap so that I'm not paying through my ears (paying through my ears?!!) when I really do need to have them. Plus, it makes me feel fancy.

2 comments:

  1. That's right everyone, she's taken! She makes some killer meals. I used to be skinny before I got married... ok, maybe not "skinny" but less fat. For the record, Ketchup Chicken is pretty darn good. --Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing what people make for dinner. And considering you're getting some of the similar food deals, I might have some of the same food to actually be able to make some of your recipes. I hate deciding what to make for dinner, maybe i'll just start adopting your dinner lists. :)

    ReplyDelete