Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Menu 4/22- 4/28

Here's my menu for the week, using up stuff in my food storage along with a few items I need to buy. I just had some family come over for dinner yesterday and was so glad that I didn't have to run to the store to buy a bunch of stuff- I just expanded the meal I was already planning. I LOVE having my own store in my basement! 
(and I love family too! Thanks for coming everyone)

Menu
* Grilled Bone-In Chicken Breasts (Americas Test Kitchen Family Cookbook p.478), homemade fries, fruit, glazed carrots (ATKFC p.148)
* Belgium Waffles with Whipped Cream, Peach Syrup, Peaches, sausage
* Hawaiian Pizza, bread sticks, fruit

I'll be out of town, so Freezer Meals for Matt:
* Bertollis, veggies, fruit
* Burritos (pre-made, in freezer), leftover beans and rice 
* Kashi frozen meal, veggies, fruit


To Buy:
* potatoes 1.88/10 lb, albertsons
* Bone in chicken breasts, $.99/lb, buy low

4 comments:

  1. Wait, I have to cook while you are gone? Maybe I can have the Relief Society bring in meals. I might not make it on my own. -Matt-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only that, but you get to go to Buy Low on Friday to get their Friday special- bone in chicken breast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And hold on. Cook? Putting food in the microwave does NOT count as cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. I don't think Eric reads either of my blogs, so count yourself lucky that Matt comments on your blogs! Anyway, again I love this portion of your blog. I am so not organized enough to have meal plans, but maybe at some point I might be inspired enough to start by your amazing example. Until then I will just mooch off your dinner ideas. What is your Hawaiian pizza? Just ham and pineapple- or something more?

    ReplyDelete