Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Buy Low

So I have spending issues. If I see a good deal, I must buy it. I do come by it honestly (thanks Mom!) but it is something I have to work on.

For instance, I have $200 a month for food/health. It is the 15th today, half way through the month. Guess how much I have left after this trip today? $25ish. Not so good. 

I believe the real problem lies with the stores. They are in a conspiracy against me. There have been way too many killer deals the last few weeks, more than normal, and I am convinced it is all a plot to destroy my envelope system. Or maybe not.

Anyway, I had to hit Buy Low today for their Wednesday produce deals and had a small list to fill. As I was walking through the front doors there was a mountainous display of strawberries with a beautiful sign: $.88/lb. Long story short, I had to buy 8 pounds. Oh, if you're in Provo, I heard that special will continue through tomorrow. I guess frozen jam is in our future. Yeah!


So for about the full price of just the strawberries, I got 8 pounds of berries, 2 containers of cottage cheese, 4 oranges, grapes, a head of cabbage, 3 bottles of flavored water (Sam broke one all over the ground in the produce department), a bunch of carrots, 4 pounds of pork loin, and oyster sauce (I had to pay full price on this one. So mad.)

I spent $21. 

Good deal, but yikes! I guess I'll have MUCH fewer posts the next few weeks... Darn. I LOVE this!

No comments:

Post a Comment