Saturday, April 11, 2009

Albersons

I LOVE Albertson's sales. They are like a complicated game, like Nerts, one that I want to play all the time if only I had someone to play with me. 

That analogy went off track somewhere...

Anyway, I went out this morning and had a great time. Matt stayed home with Sam so I was free to think with my whole brain, which this sale requires. I spent $29. To put that into perspective, this below retails for just over that.
However, I am a Bargain Shopper, so not only did I get the above, but check out this picture below. This all was $29! Yes, I know it is a lot of prepackaged stuff, but sometimes I'm in a hurry and need a quick meal, ok. We don't eat that for dinner every night. Sheesh, leave me alone. What are you, the Dinner Police?
So I got 5 Bertolli meals, Breyers ice cream, Jello Pudding, Can't Believe Its Not Butter, 4 taco shells, 2 salsas, 4 Knorr Sides, Italian Dressing Mix, 2 Lipton Onion Soup, 12 pounds of ham, and 5ish pounds of chicken.

There are 2 deals going on. The first is the Unilever rebate: spend $40 on participating products and get up to $20 rebate for a ham or turkey, whatever the meat costs. The rebate was in a coupon insert in last Sunday's paper. The second is an Albersons deal where you spend $25 on participating items and get $10 in free meat. A lot of their items overlap so I just made sure I spent at least $40 in Unilever items.

Clear as mud? I know. It took me forever to figure it out. Pinching Your Pennies here http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118742
talks you through it. Good luck!

That checkout was fun. Before I entered my card number my total was $113! Yikes! Then it came down to a little over $50 (I did 2 $25 at once and got 2 $10 in free meat) and after coupons and tax it was $41.79. I will send in my rebate and get $12.60 back for the ham. Presto! $29.

Retails: $113
Spent: $29
Percentage Off: 75%

Oh yeah! And I got 2 10% future purchases coupons and a $3 catalina (like gift card)

3 comments:

  1. Did you shop at the 500 West Albies? They wouldn't let me do a $50 transaction and get $20 off. The manager said that wasn't how the sale was set up, and I had to split it up. So I left my grocery cart full of stuff and went to the other Albertsons. I'm just curious if they let YOU do it, and not me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I went to the Center street one. Before I started, I asked the girl if I could do it that way and she said yes. She did manually enter in the 2nd $10. I'm not sure if she has been there very long, so maybe letting me do it was a mistake.

    That would explain why their shelves were completely stocked- they had everything I wanted!

    Oh, did you get your PYP coupons? Mine came a few hours after I came back from shopping. Too bad. Oh well, I'm sure I find a way to use the $5 off $30 somehow... ha ha. We are pretty pathetic, aren't we? I mean, the amount of excitement for a Walgreens trip at 5:30am is pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine came on Saturday too- I am super stoked! The girl at the other Albertsons did manually enter the other $10 in, and I figured if they didn't want to do that for me at the 500 W. store I could always give another Albies my business, but that was the first time I tried to shop there at night. And it's completely fine for them to let us have the second $10 come off because that's normally how their sales are set up, and we still bought the items on the promo.

    ReplyDelete