Monday, March 8, 2010

rite aid

Oh my. I'm not sure I can ever go back to my Rite Aid again. I just had the most embarrassing trip I think I've ever had.

I was running into the store to do this diapers and wipes scenario here (thanks UtahDealDiva) that didn't work since they were out of wipes. Since those Rite Aid carts are so small, Sam was walking and not in the cart. Well, to make a long, painful story short, Sam found another high energy 2 year old who happened to be loose too. As a bonus this kid had about 15 marbles that, at the highlight of my trip, the two of them threw and chased, screaming and yelling with glee as the marbles bounced everywhere down the aisles of the store as a cashier was explaining a deal to me. The trip concluded with a 10 minute checkout as the cashier struggled to ring things up as Sam and Isaac were competing for the Loudest Cry Award. It really could be a great scene in a movie.

All Matt can say is, "I wish I could have been there." Funny man.


Retails: $98.19
Total Spent: $27.80
Percent Off: 72%
plus, I'm getting a $10 rebate, so factoring that in
Adjusted Total Spent: $17.80
Adjusted Percent Off: 82%

How did I do it?

Pampers Diapers, jumbo pack, reg. $11.99
- on sale $9.99
- used 2 $1.50 from 2/7 PG newspaper and 2 $2 coupons from mail
- $7.99 each (better deal than this, see below)

Covergirl Makeup, reg. $5.59-$8.19
- on sale, Buy One Get One Free (BOGO)
- used BOGO coupons from 2/7 PG newspaper
- FREE!

Cadbury Cream Egg, $.88 (not pictured)
Sam helped himself to this off the shelf during our long check out. Just another example of my great parenting.


I paid for this in 2 transactions, using 2 different $5/$25 purchase Rite Aid coupons first before any other coupons. Also, by purchasing $30 of participating P&G products I get a $10 rebate.

Also, I've now bought over $50 of P&G stuff, so I'm sending in my receipts for the P&G Year of Savings Coupon Book!

compiled list from utahdealdiva and hip2save


Money Left for the Month: $81.73

2 comments:

  1. I just got a ton of makeup for free. Wish they would have let me get mascara and eyeshadow, but they are being strict about the coupon. What a great deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my 2 year old very nearly helped herself to a cadbury egg at rite aid yesterday too. I swear they put them there for that exact reason.

    ReplyDelete