Thursday, March 18, 2010

menu 3/18

I just got a few cookbooks from Taste of Home that were only $5 each. Five of these meals are from the Best of Quick Cooking. We'll see how I like them.


Main Course:
  • Steak and Rice Chimichangas (using the steak I bought on clearance yesterday)
  • Chicken in Lime Butter, p.213
  • Chicken Cordon Bleu, p.218
  • Beef Burgundy, p. 148 (using the stew meat I bought on clearance yesterday) over egg noodles
  • Chicken Fried Steak, p. 227
  • Orange Sichuan Chicken (from Baking Bites, a killer web site my sister just introduced me to. She has TONS of treats recipes.)
  • Tasty Reuben Soup, p. 101
Sides: homemade rolls (in the freezer), fresh/canned/frozen fruits and veggies including colcannon, salad, rice, whatever...

Need to Buy for Menu: Nothing
I will buy fruits and veggies soon, but beyond that, I menu plan around what we already have in the freezer and on the shelves. In that way I'm able to afford to stock up on what is on sale.


No comments:

Post a Comment