Tuesday, December 1, 2009

walmart

I hit Walmart today to FINALLY REPLACE THE BROKEN CURTAIN ROD in our office!!!!! (could I express to you how excited I am? I think not.) It has been a source of constant frustration. Ok, not constant, but close. Anyways, since I was in the store...

I've been waiting for the broth to go cheaper; I got it 3/$1 without coupons last year before Thanksgiving, but I've given up hope of it going much cheaper this year.

It's funny- I put one of the coconut milks in my pantry and the cream cheese and steaks in the fridge but put everything else in my storage. I'm such a dork because I love working on food storage! Well, that's one reason.


Retails: $42.95
Total Spent: $18.29
Percent Off: 57%

How did I do it?

tomato sauce
-$.42 each
-used $1/4 coupon, coupons.com, try zip 44256 if you don't see it.
- $.17 each

campbells cream of mushroom
-reg. $1
-on sale $.49
-used $.35/4 coupon from newspaper, $1/4 coupon here
-$.40 each

Swanson's chicken broth
- reg. $.86
- on sale $.45
- used $.25/4 coupon from paper
- $.39 each

Thai Kitchen coconut milk
- $1.42
- used $1 coupon available previously online
- $.42 each

Del Monte canned fruit
- reg. $3.50
- on sale $2.98
- used a Buy One, Get One Free (BOGO) coupon and $1 off coupon on the 2nd from mail
- $.99 each

Nestle chocolate chips
- reg. $2.50ish
- on sale $1.78
- used $1 coupon here
- $.78 each

Beef Filets
- $3.98
- used $3 coupon here
- $.98

Little Debbie cupcakes
- $2.47
- used a FREE coupon from mail
- FREE

Kraft cheese
- reg. $1.96
- SUPPOSED to be on sale (was marked) at $1.40 (didn't ring up and I didn't notice it until just now. boo)
- used $1/2 coupon here
- should have been $.90 each, was $1.46 each

Sour cream
- reg. $1
- on sale $.78
Money Left for the Month: $131.71

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I need to get over there to get that beef. I am a little scrared about how crazy buzy Walmart will be this time of year. :)

    ReplyDelete