Wednesday, December 2, 2009

louisiana chicken

Ok, this picture is sideways. Sorry. I cannot fix it because I have no technology skills.



We had the Louisiana Chicken tonight that my sister and I assembled and froze on our last baking day. My husband and I thought it might be fun to rate some of these dinners I freeze. He actually has been doing this for years but now instead of ticking me off, he's going to be helping! We should have started this long ago.


Ease of Preparation: A
- defrosted in the fridge overnight and dumped in the crock pot this morning
- served over egg noodles that took like 5 minutes to cook.

Taste: B (my rating), B- (Matt's rating)
- had to add salt
- had a good flavor, we just wanted more of it. There was just something missing... (we are pretty snobby though)
- Matt put some Creole seasoning on his and liked it better
- the chicken had a great texture. I made this recipe once before and did the oven option listed on the recipe and it was gross- the crockpot gives the chicken time to absorb the flavor. Plus the chicken was super tough in the oven.

Other:
- It didn't make very much. We are good, sturdy eaters in this house and expect to be able to eat a meal for dinner and then eat the leftovers for lunch the next day. This made enough for dinner but barely had any leftovers. If I made this again I would add a 3rd chicken breast to the bag.

Overall Rating: B

I'd make this again. It was so nice and easy today. Plus, Sam loves anything with noodles. Yeah for freezer meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment