Monday, November 23, 2009

smiths


Retails: $37.23
Total Spent: $14.63
Percent Off: 61%

Plus, I got a $5 catalina (like a gift card) that I can use on anything in the store in the next 2 weeks. (no, that is NOT factored into my Percent Off, Matt-the-Percent-Off-Police)

And I paid with a gift card that my wonderful brother and sister in law gave me, so I actually paid nothing out of pocket. Thanks guys!

How did I do it?
  • compiled my list from pinchingyourpennies
  • UPDATE: This sale actually goes through Thanksgiving night.
  • Duracell batteries: on sale for $1.88, used $.75 off coupon. That is a good price, but even better is the catalina that prints. When you buy 3, a $2 catalina prints. When you buy 6, a $5 catalina prints. So factoring the $5 catalina, I paid $1.78 for all 6 packs of batteries or $.30 a piece! Sweet! By the way, they have tons of batteries still. If you didn't have the coupons, you would pay $11.30 for the 6 packs and get back a $5 catalina, making them each $1.05. Or if you bought 3 you would pay $1.21 a pack.
  • Cheese: $1 for an 8 oz package. There is a coupon on coupons.com for $1/2 lbs of cheese. Just buy 4 packages and it will make them $.75 a package. (I forgot my coupon today. Boo.)
  • Thyme: $1.49. Not on sale, no coupon. I just needed more time. Thyme. (that never gets old)
Money Left for the Month: $7.36

No comments:

Post a Comment