Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Matt went to Smiths

Yes, you read that correctly. I sent Matt off to Smiths tonight to pick up some ice for the turkey that we ended up not even brining because it is apparently already injected with a solution. Good to know.

But that is besides the point.

Matt did so good! I gave him a list of what to get with a couple coupons and gift card and expected to get a series of irritated phone calls followed by him just buying the ice in the end because he couldn't get the deals to work, but no! Amazing success! And what's more, I also had him exchange 3 packs of the batteries I bought earlier. Way to go Matt!

My favorite part about the whole thing was him saying, "Why doesn't everyone shop this way?" He was so excited! It's just so darn fun to get a great deal.


Retails: $14.32
Total Spent: $.38
Percent Off: 99%

How did Matt do it?
  • ice: $1.19
  • cheese: $.75 (on sale for $1, used $1 coupon on the 4 packages)
  • veggies: $.50
  • Paid with $5 catalina from the batteries I bought earlier this week

Money Left for the Month: $6.98

No comments:

Post a Comment