Monday, November 2, 2009

Smiths. Oh boy!

This was a fun trip to Smiths this morning. I love sales like this. I have been waiting for the new month to come so I could get to this sale. Matt thinks I'm ridiculous with my budget, how I use it all up right at the beginning of the month. Every month. I just get so excited about the great deals out there. And THAT is why I have a budget.


Retails: $145.07
Total Spent: $33.58
plus I am sending in a $5 rebate for the toilet paper
Percent Off: 80%


How did I do it?
  • compiled list from pinchingyourpennies list and thread (all the comments that people make based on the list)
  • Smiths has a buy 10 items, receive $5 instantly off promotion right now. This deal is going through this next week too, until the 10th. I'm pretty sure I'll be making another stop at Smiths before a week from Tuesday... (everything I got was part of this except the pepperoni that was $.65 each) If you're interested in the sale I would definitely check out the pinchingyourpennies list and thread. This one's big.
  • sales: $76.48
  • coupons: $28.20
  • I combined store sales with manufacturers' coupons. Highlights are: evaporated milk- $.24, chili- $.12, keebler cookies- $.25, ricola cough drops- $.25, pillsbury cookies- $.17, tuna pouches- free, dole fruit- free
Money Left for the Month: $116.42

No comments:

Post a Comment