Friday, June 25, 2010

Target Wipes Comparison

vs.

Questionable Math Skills:

Target has a great store coupon for $3.50/both Huggies diapers and wipes (greater than 184 count). I went to Target today to do this deal and stood there in the baby aisle scratching my head for a very long time. I couldn't decide if the 184 count 3 pack was cheaper at $5.99 or the 504 count 7 pack at $11.99. I had to call my husband to help me do the math! Even after that I still wasn't sure I'd made the best deal.

I have been pathetically trying ever since to decide which is the better deal so I thought I'd share my conclusions with you. I'm sure you are all much, much smarter than I am and already know the answer. If that is the case you have 2 options:
  1. skip this entry and play a round of solitaire instead. WAY more fun.
  2. read it anyways and mock my ridiculous math skills. Would you know that I've tutored math? Yikes. Poor kids.
First, let's divide that $3.50/wipes and diapers Target coupon in half. Let's say that we're taking $1.75 off the diapers and $1.75 off the wipes. And let's just forget about the diapers for now, but just know that when you use the $3 printable diaper coupon in addition (see post below) they end up being $4.24 for a jumbo pack! That's 15.7 cents a diaper for a size 4. Costco is 20.8 for Huggies and 21.3 for Kirkland. FYI: you have to get a jumbo pack at less than $5.60 to beat Costco's price. Do-able. But we are not talking diapers. We're talking WIPES.

Also, there is a $2 coupon here that is good for $2 off Huggies wipes greater than 320 count.


Here's the math:

Huggies 3 pack, 184 count, reg. $5.99
- take away the $1.75
- $4.24
- 2.3 cents each wipe

Huggies 7 pack, 504 count, reg. $11.99
- take away the $1.75
- take away the $2 coupon
- $8.24
- 1.6 cents each wipe

Hooray! I made the right choice! I got the big box 7 pack!

Phew. What a relief.

Oh, and as of 5/20, both of these options are cheaper than Costco's Huggies wipes. The Huggies wipes are 2.4 cents each ($23.99 for 1000) and the Kirkland wipes are 2.1 each ($18.99 for 900). thanks pinchingyourpennies! While that doesn't seem very significant, it works out to be a difference of $8 for the Huggies compared to my brilliant choice at Target!

Since these are not sale prices, this deal at Target is good until your coupons expire. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment